Down and Out: January at a Glance


A lot happened in January, you guys. 


Guys, January was an absolute mess; it was like everything that could go wrong did. In early January,

my grandmother was rushed off to the hospital for emergency surgery. My grandmother is one of my favorite people in the world, and to see her go through two big medical procedures in 4 months really hurt. Matt and I spent a lot of time going to the hospital and it was just physically and mentally exhausting. And then, poor Matt got punched in the face by one of his students. The school sent him to the ER, but luckily there wasn't any damage. And just to top it off, in late-January, someone hit our car so hard that the front bumper came off. So we have no car. And it was a hit-and-run. Fun times for everyone.
Luckily, the in-laws are the absolute best and let us borrow one of their cars until we figure out what we want to do with our lives. It was just a lot that happened too quickly.

It wasn't all terrible things though. I got to spend some quality time with friends, went to Chicago's Women's March, and saw Neal Shusterman!


Despite the crazy life shenanigans, I did a good job blogging, I even made a tag. I must have been feeling the creative juices this past month, I hope it can continue into February! 


My goal for January was to read 13 books and I did it! I had a lot of 4-star reads so I won't go into my favorite reads of the month. My least favorite read by Prince in Disguise


Here are some of my favorite posts from around the bookish community!


February will either be a hit or a miss for me when it comes to reading and blogging. I've got a friend's birthday party coming up, I'll be hosting a brunch for some friends, and I'm also going to Jordan for a work event. The idea of (solo) traveling always stresses me out so I'm just trying to stay relatively calm. I'll be traveling during the last week of February, so I'll probably be MIA for a portion of the month. DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME. 


How was your January? 
How many books did you read? 
Did you read any of the books I had read?
What exciting things are happening in February for you? 

Labels: ,