Thursday, August 21, 2014

[Read-a-thon]Bout of Books 11: Day 3 Recap


Bout of Books

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I finished two books and started a third. I'm sure I'll meet my goal of completing four books. I think I'll double my goal next Bout!

RECAP:







FINISHED!
Hours Listened: 3.5
I really enjoyed this one, it brought me back to my university days which was pleasant and extremely awkward. I'll be working on this review today and hopefully it'll be live on the blog by next week. 











FINISHED!
Pages Read: 90

Finally I finished this one! In the end, I decided that it was a good red but it was definitely not my favorite of the series.  



Started: 8/20/2014 (10:30PM)
Started: Page 77
Currently: Page 102
Pages Read: 28
I'm starting to enjoy this one. When I first started reading it, I had thought that there were way too many characters being introduced in such a short time, but now I feel like I've found my place in the book, like there is balance. If all goes according to plan, I would like to have this one finished by tomorrow.  






PARTICIPATION: 

Twitter Chat: Check! Last night's chat didn't overwhelm me as much and I had a lot of fun!


14 comments:

  1. I'm completely with you on Dreams of Gods and Monsters. Overall, I LOVED the series, but this "final" installment left a lot to be desired ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I kind of almost wish it were two books. And "final???" are there supposed to be more books?!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you're having an awesome time with Bout of Books 11.0 and meeting your reading goals. :-) Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm really happy since this is my first bout! Just one more book til I meet my goals!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I bet Fangirl was a great choice for a read-a-thon. I even considered it for myself this week, but I haven't got round to it yet. Maybe this weekend!

    Haha, your comment about University being awkward made me smile - I had a similar experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl was a great choice! I'm mad I hadn't read it before!

      Ugh, I love university but I still had my awkward moments. Such is life! :p

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Fangirl was such a cute story. I also really liked Dreams of Gods and monsters. I think the second book was my favorite one, but I really liked how everything was tied together :) Happy reading and good luck!

    Bout of books - Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first book is my favorite because it wasn't as depressing yet! :) Regardless, Laini Taylor knows how to make you feel the FEELS!

      Delete
  5. You're doing great so far!

    I'll be interested to see what you think of Dorothy Must Die - I've been going back and forth on reading it (eventually, because never ending TBR pile).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Casey!

      I liked DMD, I'm going to try to write the review tomorrow but it probably won't be up until mid September.

      If you want, the prequel is on amazon for 2 dollars, and the actual novel is on amazon for 5 dollars!

      Delete
  6. You are doing awesome! I enjoyed the chat last night; they are always so funny. Good luck with the rest of the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please let me know what you think of "Dorothy must Die'. I have been eyeing it out ever since I heard it was to be released (I have similar sentiments as a fan of Wicked - the musical, not so much the books).

    Congrats on having a super successful reading day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely read worthy! I haven't seen Wicked (yet) so I don't know how you will feel about it, it's definitely a completely different Oz though.

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a message! Don't forget to link me to your blog so I can return the favor!